Frequently Asked Questions
Is Academy of Glam a Licensed School of Makeup Artistry?
What are Your Entrance Requirements?
Is There an Age Requirement to Attend AOG Programs and Workshops?
How Many Different Instructors Will Be Teaching During the Duration of the Program?
How Long are the Workshops?
In 2017, AoG is pleased to provide a variety of programs designed to fit the needs of today’s working makeup artists, professionals and natural-born makeup geeks!
Power Professional Masters, our signature program, meets evenings,twice per week plus every other Friday. The program is 15 weeks. FastTrack, is a condensed, edited version of Power Pro Masters and meets evenings, twice a week for 4 consecutive weeks.
SoBe Glam Experience is like a crash course in beauty, self-discovery , pro artistry and the magical glam experience of South Florida living. This program meets for 5 days and two evenings of pure fun and beauty.
Customized Packages – We also offer private instruction and customized modules of courses, tailored to precisely fit your specific needs, budget and time constraints.
What Happens If I Miss a Class. Can I Make It Up?
Do You Provide Models for the Photo Shoots?
Is There a Dress Code and If So, What Is It?
How Are the Images Selected for my Portfolio?
What if I’m Having Trouble Understanding a Topic or Technique, Can I Take that Particular Class Again?
Does Academy of Glam Offer Job Placement?
Is My Application Fee And Deposit Applied to My Tuition, And Are There Any Other Costs I Should Know About?
What Should I Bring On My First Day of Class? What Should I Expect?
Will There Be Tests and Homework Administered?
Do you have any recommended accommodations for out-of-town students?
Yes. We have several affordable suggestions and will help provide solutions to fit your needs and budget. Please contact Alexandra McWilliams, Director of Admissions, directly for more information.
What is your refund and cancellation policy?
- Cancellations made up to 14 days prior to your scheduled group workshops will be refunded less the $250 non-refundable application fee. Private and Semi-Private workshops are non-refundable but can be conveniently rescheduled within 6 months of the cancellation date.
- Cancellations made up to 14 days prior to your scheduled workshop will be refunded less $500 should you already be in possession of your makeup kit.
- Makeup kits are non-refundable
- Cancellations within 14 days of your scheduled workshop will be charged the full amount of your agreement. In the event you cannot attend and it is within 14 days of your workshop, you may apply the amount of the registration to another offering beginning within 6 months of the cancellation date or you may transfer your attendance by sending someone in your place.
- Returned Checks will be charged a $30 NSF fee
- If you must withdraw during a workshop and your account is in good standing, you will have the opportunity to join a future workshop of the same type and complete the AoG experience. Based on availability.
- From time to time program schedules may need to be adjusted and changes to published workshop date or times, including start and end dates, may be made by Academy of Glam. Academy of Glam will notify customers as soon as reasonably possible. Changes to schedules do not constitute a change in the terms of this agreement.