Power Professional Master Program™
Our Signature Makeup Training Program
In addition to 120 hours of expert training and development, this 15 week intensive program also includes: AoG Complete Professional Makeup Kit, Temptu Pro Airbrush Kit and AoG Power Professional Artistry Manual (retail value $1495)
- 8 Professional Photo Shoots
- Models Provided for 6 Photo Shoots
- 8 Edited, Digital Photos For Your Portfolio
- Pro Supplies Provided During Special FX, Henna and Face Painting
- One-on-One Mentor Meetings With Lead Artists & Industry Executives
- Lifetime Membership – AOG Artists Network
- Access Pass – Free Attendance To Future Group Program Classes
- Power Professional Master Artistry – Certificate of Completion
- Graduation Ceremony
- Professional Headshot
Our Full Curriculum
Fundamentals of Makeup Artistry
Mastering the fundamentals of makeup artistry will become the foundation for building your success.
We believe that a great artist makes a great makeup artist. Mastering the art of beauty make-up is an essential skill for all make-up artists.
This course is designed to perfect your artistic skills while building your ability to apply attention to detail.
Fundamentals of Makeup Artistry becomes your solid foundation in mastering basic techniques of make-up application and is a key requirement for moving forward into AOG’s more advanced makeup courses.
FUNDAMENTALS OF MAKEUP ARTISTRY curriculum includes:
- Industry terminology
- Art appreciation: museum field trip
- Tools of the trade: proper use & sanitation
- Skin: structure, care and preparation
- Troubleshooting skin issues
- Correct analysis of facial architecture
- Contouring, shading and highlighting to correct or enhance facial shapes & features
- Principles of color theory & skin tonality
- Perfecting eyebrows
- Application techniques for all products
- Eye & lip shape correction
- Clean & flawless beauty
- False eyelash application
- Diversity, women of color and mature skin
This popular course is on the “must-have” list for all professional makeup artists that want to learn and/or further develop their airbrush skills.
With the guidance of one of the top-rated working makeup artists in the industry as your instructor, you will master the art of creating flawless skin with foundation, perfect the skills of highlighting & contouring and develop body defining techniques and more.
AOG’s Professional Airbrushing Curriculum Includes :
- Proper use and maintenance of airbrush equipment
- Foundation application
- Highlighting and contouring
- Learning the mechanics of airbrushing
- Understanding the properties of the different types of airbrushing equipment
- Being able to breakdown, clean and reassemble airbrush equipment correctly
- Learning the skills required in the application of makeup with an airbrush
- Having an awareness of the products available for beauty makeup and body makeup
- Understanding the concept of masks, shields, templates and fiskets
- Acquiring practical skills in airbrushing to do a complete beauty make-up
- Acquiring the practical skills necessary to apply glamour and fashion make-up
- Utilizing the airbrush as a tool for covering tattoos and discolorations
- Developing time management skills with airbrush equipment
Lighting and Dimension 101
Understanding and mastering the principles of light, dimension and art are what sets a good makeup artist apart from a top pro makeup artist. That’s why AoG utilizes a certified art instructor who also happens to be a seasoned pro makeup artist to unleash the inner artist in even the most novice makeup artist.
During this highly interactive and creative course, you’ll learn the subtle nuances and principles of fine art and then how to apply them to makeup artistry application. In addition, emphasis on mastering lighting, shading and contouring face shapes with general art techniques is also an important outcome of this course.
One of our most popular courses, this class is a featured offsite field trip to The Museum of Art in Fort Lauderdale
Latest Trends | Technologies | Technology
At AoG, we understand that knowledge is power and having the ability to stay on top of innovation is a game changer, especially in the world of beauty. The ability to master the latest trends, technique and technology will play a critical role in your future and ongoing success as a makeup artist.
That’s why Victoria Duke created this dynamic new program to add to the AoG core curriculum. This course is packed with “must haves” way beyond the norm. In fact, Victoria tapped a leading college professor of photography and graphic design to help address not only the latest in technology for today’s creative minded, but more importantly to get in front of what is up and coming so that AoG students are ahead of the curve competitively, and in more ways than one.
If you’ve ever wondered what are the secrets behind the best YouTube videos, lighting tricks of the trade and essential apps for now and into the future, this course undoubtedly will bring out your star potential and raise your game to A+ level.
AoG: Trends | Technique | Technology wraps up the latest in our artsy world of contouring, strobing, cut crease, glossy skin and no-makeup makeup and ties it all together with the precise “how-to” shoot the winning look yourself and/or publish on your own website or social media platform. Go ahead, be a trailblazer …. we’ll go ahead and bet you’ll take some of the awesome stuff you get out of this class and use it to create your own world of beauty!
Taught by the founder of AoG, celebrity makeup artist, Victoria Duke, this class is the ultimate in learning the insider master makeup artist techniques used on A-list celebrity clientele, current reigning beauty queens and elite super models.
Victoria has literally created a magic formula for bringing out the absolute best in beauty and she candidly shares her secrets with her AoG students in this interactive, provocative and engaging seminar.
In addition to teaching specific techniques and product placement, Victoria’s Celebrity Artistry course is filled with key information from a practical business side as well. Behind the scenes of red carpets, award shows, fashion week and top photo shoots, makeup artists must understand “the need for speed”, the absolute effects of lighting and the burden often created by high definition media.
It’s been said that when the student is ready, the teacher appears. That said, the ultimate makeup artist instructor is Victoria Duke, herself. She is indeed a dynamic mix of entrepreneur, educator, life coach, and motivator extraordinaire; a perfect blend of beauty, brains, and betterment
Editorial & Print
At AoG, it’s no secret, we LOVE all things beauty. Creating beautiful images includes a carefully blended recipe of flawless makeup application, stunning models and top photographers as we set out to help each student build a world-class portfolio. That’s why we put great care in the curriculum for our course in Editorial and Print. During our Editorial and Print course and photo shoot, students learn advanced artistry technique and utilize fundamentals and professional airbrushing to generate editorial quality photos.
In addition, the Editorial and Print photo shoot session is a replica of a true on set experience.
The Editorial and Print course curriculum includes:
- Learning to increase your speed of makeup application
- How to recreate a consistent look for all models involved
- How to work well with and coordinate with hairstylists, fashion stylists and photographers
- How to get along with and build strong relationships with a production team
- How to read a lead artist’s face chart
Makeup for Black & White Photography
Things are not always just black and white, especially when it comes to mastering flawless fundamentals in artistry. During this course and photo shoot, you’ll learn the techniques necessary for creating stunning, classic images using high contrast makeup specifically for black and white photography.
During this course and photo shoot, you’ll learn:
- How to perfect contrast, tone and intensity utilizing highlighting and contouring skills
- Ascertain which shades and pigments work best for black and white photography and which do not
- How to emphasize facial features
- Mastery of photojournalistic makeup
Runway | Fashion | Avante Garde
This course builds on the skills that you’ve gained throughout the program and challenges your creativity and your imagination. In the Avante Garde Makeup Artistry course and photo shoot, you’ll learn new ways to utilize color and pigment as well as supporting techniques for creating true avante garde style.
During Avante Garde Artistry you will learn:
- Non-conventional elements in makeup design
- Advanced airbrush techniques for high design
- Exploration of trendy and bizarre makeup
- Basic makeup techniques for theatrical avante garde
Bridal Makeup & Guide To The Wedding Industry
According to Bloomberg.com the wedding industry is now at a staggering $51 billion. It is not only growing, it’s booming according to a new report published at American Express. Align these hard facts of market sizing with the also absolute trend of almost ALL brides now see having a makeup artist for her big day a “must have”, and we know there is a true viable business opportunity for those with passion, skill and know how in beauty.
This is very good news, (actually it is excellent news) for any of us in the entrepreneurial makeup artist business or for those aspiring to be there. If you’ve been wondering how to break in or maximize success in the bridal industry, this course is perfectly designed for you!
Taught by our top instructors who have already built success in the bridal industry, this course will empower you with knowledge and skills necessary to quickly build your share within a $50+ billion-dollar industry.
AoG’s Perfect Bridal Makeup. Technique, Trends & The Industry curriculum includes:
- Achieving flawless bridal skin
- Lighting. Indoor versus outdoor. Adjusting outdoors – makeup for morning, afternoon and evening
- Classic and custom designed bridal makeup artistry looks
- Application speed and quick change
- Building PR with industry contacts and general public
- Networking with other professionals
- Marketing Tactics To Build Your Bridal Business
- Assisting. Do’s and Don’ts
- Rates, Contracts, Invoicing and Payment
- Bridal photo shoot, guidance on bridal comp card creation and website
Marketing & Empowering Business Skills
This course is packed with critical information and applicable advice designed for the entrepreneurial minded as well as those looking to advance in the world of beauty within a cosmetic company or retailer. In addition, the course covers key topics and specific actions to help you get ahead in life and business regardless of your career path.
Taught by a Fortune 500 cosmetic senior executive, you’ll be empowered in this session with insider advice and fast track tips that will help you grow beyond makeup brushes…so that you can let the beauty you love, be what you do.
This curriculum includes:
- Developing your Power Package: Keys For A Competitive Edge In The Industry
- What Matters Most: 5 Cornerstones of Marketing as A Pro Artist
- Personal Branding
- Social Media Best Practices, Business Building
- Overview: 6 Key Areas To Target For Income
- Print and Editorial
- Film, Commercials, Video
- Retail: Artistry, Sales, Management
- Bridal and Special Events
- Brands (cosmetic companies): Sales, Training, Freelance
- Your Entrepreneurial Vision/Company
- Industry Rate Charts
- Developing Your Assets: Website, Portfolio, Comp Cards
- Agency Basics
- Winning Resumes In Today’s Job Market
- Interviewing Tips: Get The Job You Want
- Building Support: Your Network, Your Mentor, Your Coach
- How To Prospect
- Utilizing SMART goals
- Where and How To Start
Life Coaching & Personal Development
The Life Course at AoG is unlike any other seminar in the industry and an absolute favorite of AoG students. This course focuses on expanding core life principles to help you in the world of makeup artistry and beyond: Focus. Clarity. Direction. Purpose. Resilience.
Simply put, this course will walk you through a process of creative expansion and assist you in creating the best version of your life.
The foundation of this unique class doesn’t rely on makeup brushes, the latest contouring techniques or even top business advice to help build upon your dream and vision of your own future. Rather, the Life Course at AoG is solidly built on the guided principle of AoG founder, Victoria Duke. Victoria’s mantra, “At AoG, we weave life coaching into everything we do. We help empower people to succeed not just as makeup artists, but in life!”
We believe that one of the secrets to unlocking your full potential and discovering what sets you ahead of the competition lies in knowing exactly what you want your life to look like and more importantly, knowing precisely how living the best version of the life you want feels. That’s why half way through our Power Pro Masters Program, we purposely take a time out and focus on you and your big picture. In The Life Course, the spotlight moves away from technique and business and shifts to you, your dream, your vision and supporting you in creating the future that you want.
During The Life Course you’ll discover The 6 Keys to setting your own internal GPS on course so that you’ll be aligned with what matters most to you. There’s an old adage that states, “You’ll see it when you believe it” and another one that declares “You experience what you create.” The Life Course takes you on a journey of self-discovery so that you can begin to see precisely what it is that you wish to create and experience.
Packed full of creative exercises and empowering magical surprises, the Life Course at AoG is perfectly designed for anyone who is setting off in a new direction, needing a strong dose of self-esteem and courage or wanting to know how to simply build beyond their current level of success.
Dream. Believe. Create. Succeed.
Vintage: Beauty Through the Decades
Top industry makeup artists often create drop dead gorgeous editorial and runway makeup looks inspired from decades gone by. This course explores the history of beauty through each decade, dynamic tutorials on specific techniques to achieve key looks in makeup and hair and culminates with a classic pinup photo shoot to build your diverse portfolio.
Vintage: Beauty Through The Decades curriculum includes:
- Understanding of the history of beauty in the US, circa 1920-1990
- Technical application of all major trends through the decades
- “How To” on mastering hairstyling for vintage
- Vintage, pinup photo shoot
Special FX Techniques Basics
It’s not just all about beauty at AoG. Many of our students absolutely love what goes into the grit, gore and creativity of learning to use makeup to absolutely transform faces and spaces. If you’re passionate about film or television, this course will expand your horizons intellectually, creatively and help lay the foundation for a strong technical background.
Basic Special FX techniques in this class emphasize creating old age makeup and severe injuries which is in demand at various theme parks and seasonal Halloween events nationwide.
Special FX curriculum includes:
- Working with delaminated liquid rubber to achieve old age stretch and stipple
- Depicting scars, warts and aging with latex
- Using wax to depict bullet holes, scars, cuts, lacerations and road rash
- Understanding fake blood and how to use it effectively
- Understanding how to create the illusion of illness/death with makeup
- Achieving effective burns (first, second and third degree)
- Special FX photo shoot
Hair Styling: Basics | Special Events | Bridal
Basic hair styling skills are a must have for all makeup artists today. In this course, you’ll learn the proper tools, products and techniques to easily create basic looks from sexy waves to formal updo’s.
This course is strictly styling and does not cover cutting, blow drying or coloring.
In Hair Styling Basics| Special Events|Bridal …you will learn the following:
- Hair styling current tools: use and sanitation
- Best hair products to achieve desired looks with ease
- Barrel curls
- Back combing techniques
- Current trends and fashion styles
Art of Henna Mehndi
Become proficient at the old world tradition of henna mehndi and learn ways to enhance not only your portfolio but expand your artistry knowledge and potential business opportunities.
Art of Henna Mehndi course includes:
- Henna history and traditions
- Understanding of different kinds of henna
- Color and longevity of henna types
- Application techniques
- Creating design and art
This class offers an opportunity to expand your repertoire to include the art of face and body painting. In this class, you’ll learn the basic techniques involved in body art, highlighting and color theory.
This course curriculum includes:
- Intro into body art materials
- Base bending and various application techniques
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Brush stroke technique
- Face design
AOG’s Power Professional MASTER Makeup Artistry Program: $5995
2018 Class Dates
- January 22, 2018 – May 9, 2018 (Mon/Wed):Weekday Hours: 6:30PM-10:30PM / Saturday Class (one time only): 12:00PM-4:00PM
- March 6, 2018 – June 14, 2018 (Tues/Thus):Weekday Hours: 6:30PM-10:30PM / Saturday Class (one time only): 12:00PM-4:00PM
- May 14, 2018 – August 29, 2018 (Mon/Wed):Weekday Hours: 6:30PM-10:30PM / Saturday Class (one time only): 12:00PM-4:00PM
- June 19, 2018 – September 27, 2018 (Tues/Thurs):Weekday Hours: 6:30PM-10:30PM / Saturday Class (one time only): 12:00PM-4:00PM
- September 10, 2018 – January 9, 2019 (Mon/Wed):Weekday Hours: 6:30PM-10:30PM / Saturday Class (one time only): 12:00PM-4:00PM
Class dates are subject to change, please speak with an admissions specialist to reserve your seat.
Real Talk. Real Artists.